Monday 16 June 2008

New Mom Christina Aquilera Defends Late-Night Partying

New mom Christina Aguilera has defended her right to spend a night out without her baby son Max, saying that any criticism of her late-night outings with husband Jordan Bratman is downright "mean spirited."

"Once in a while, if I want to go out and have a mommy-daddy night with my husband, I am more than allowed to do that," Aguilera told Access Hollywood.

This past weekend she was at Las Vegas's Pure nightclub at Caesars Palace to celebrate the launch of an Xtina-inspired jewelry line, the Stephen Webster Silver Collection.

"I spend all day with my son," Aguilera, 27, told the TV show of her time spent with five-month-old Max.

"Everybody has an opinion and everybody sometimes wants to cause drama. But it's something that comes with what you do and I learned that very early on."

NEXT: Kenny Chesney Denies Marriage Rumors

Photo courtesy of Marie Claire.